Sunday, August 12, 2007

Decomposing systems

Today I begin decomposing our system into separate components. I felt that I will have to do it sometime, but I was reluctant to do it because I never did it before.

What I learned thinking about decomposition is this:

  • Never postpone things you have to do. Always remember - You have to do what you have to do.

  • Castle.Windsor is great.


    Castle.Windsor is a IoC container (Inversion of Control), which helps build system from small components. I found it to be very simple, and easy to use.

    Now, as I have moved all generic controls and helper stuff from UI to Core, and concrete stuff from Core to UI, ia have 50 tests not running.

    Probably, most of them are ActiveRecord.InitializationExceptions, but anyway, unit tests again help me make good pace without worrying of damaging my system





No comments: